The sap is a fluid found in certain plants and that allows the nutrition of their cells . This liquid circulates through the tissues or vessels of the plant and should not be confused with other kinds of fluids, such as resin or the latex .
Made of Water , phytoregulators , minerals , sugars and other elements, the sap arises where the plant's carbohydrates are made and preserved and reaches the site where these carbohydrates are used.
Although it is not entirely clear how the sap is displaced through the plant vessels, scientists often explain it by theory of the cohesion-tension . According to this position, the attraction between the molecules allows the liquid to move through the plant tissue known as xylem .
In a symbolic sense, the notion of sap is used to name the Energy or to the resulting factor renovator or revitalizer . For example: "The capital club opted to incorporate young sap to its staff and hired four players under twenty-two years old", “This company needs new sap to put aside old ideas”, "The tennis player demonstrated his champion sap and kept the title despite his physical problems".
Sap , on the other hand, is the denomination of a plant genus that is part of the family Phyllanthaceae . There are about forty species of plants included in this group.
It is important not to confuse the sap with the sage , other gender of plants, in this case belonging to the family Lamiaceae .
While the sap of several tree species is beneficial For our health, birch is among those preferred by the majority, especially in northern European countries, in the Americas and in China. A well developed specimen of this tree can give up to 7 liters of sap in one day , although it is more normal than the maximum does not exceed 4 liters.
To extract the birch sap it is recommended to make an incision in the trunk or one of the branches during the last month of winter, just before the first leaves begin to appear. After this process , it is important to cover the cut with some healing product to avoid diseases. In addition, it is also advisable not to make too many consecutive extractions of the same tree, but to alternate between several, as this could threaten your health.
Birch sap has a rich content in oils and sugar, in addition to betulinol, betulin, saponins and tannins. There are several uses that the human being gives for purposes therapeutic , and among them are the following:
* to achieve the dissolution of the sand that forms in the kidneys in cases of stones;
* in treatments of colic and liver failure, to activate it and resolve bile retention;
* to favor the passage of bile through the bile channels in the direction of the intestine (when this is not achieved, gallstones appear, which causes the typical yellowing of the eyes and the skin known as jaundice);
* helps reduce uric acid, well known for generating gout attacks;
* It has detoxifying, draining and diuretic properties, which is why it is used in the purification of the organism;
* It is ideal for the treatment of stomach problems of low severity;
* its anti-inflammatory action is very suitable to reduce muscle, tendon or rheumatic pain, provided it is a moderately severe condition;
* it has also become fashionable to use birch sap to supplement weight loss diets , since in addition to its healing properties it is very nutritious and serves to calm the sensation of appetite.