The sloth It is a term that comes from pigritia, a Latin word. It can be used to name the laziness or to the weakness which leads to people not to put effort or not to develop certain tasks that you should fulfill.
For example: “Today I don't go to college: I'm lazy, I'd rather stay at home”, "I do not tolerate laziness in my employees", “In winter, overcoming laziness and going outside is a real challenge”.
Every time a living being performs an action, it spends Energy . Said expense is justified in the benefit , whether immediate or future, which you expect to receive in exchange for such action. If the individual prefers to remain at rest so as not to waste energy, rejecting the benefit in question, it will be said that he is lazy.
Laziness can be caused by multiple reasons. Sometimes it has a cause physical or pathological , which exceeds the will of the person. In other cases, however, the subject is lazy because he privileges his rest or leisure. That is why laziness is considered as something negative, since effort and responsibility are values appreciated by the society .
For the religion catholic , laziness is a capital sin : from his manifestation derive other sins. Laziness is taken as a fault as long as it assumes that the human being does not take charge of his own existence, does not assume his obligations and only gives himself to that which gives him pleasure.
Sloth , on the other hand, is the name of a Spanish rock and pop rock band that released their first album on 2001 and that dissolved a decade later. Its members, Rubén Pozo and José Miguel Conejo (known in the artistic field as Ruben and Leiva), recorded six albums throughout their collaboration, including two large compilations successes .
Mental laziness and how to fight it
Mental laziness is not reflected in the typical picture of the person lying on the couch with no desire to do anything other than watch television and drink beer; and is that this phenomenon It is not visible, although it can be detected and fought. First of all, it is worth mentioning that mental laziness is not synonymous with not thinking (although both situations may coincide) but is more related to the lack of initiative to convert thoughts into actions.
Let's look at some tools to reverse mental laziness:
* Laughter : the meaning of humor is a Home remedy that does not require material ingredients and that, therefore, we can all prepare and use as much as we want. Its effectiveness has been widely proven in the fight against all kinds of evils;
* practice a hobby : As difficult as it is for some to accept, the brain performs more activities while we sleep than when we watch television, especially if we consume programs for hang out. Instead of being carried away by cheap entertainment, we can always heed that call that we all have inside and follow our vocation;
* stimulate critical thinking : it's about doing something with the information that we consume throughout our day, instead of ingest it passively. Nothing better than filling ourselves and filling our environment with questions, which the great geniuses elaborated their theories;
* to concentrate : dispersion is one of the most obvious forms of mental laziness, and leads us to spend more weather and energy when performing a certain task. While it is often difficult to maintain attention at one point, getting it rewards us;
* relate : contact with other living beings, as long as they are healthy relationships, benefits us much more than we think. It is through this point that we get almost all of the above and receive the incentive to leave mental laziness and live day by day intensely.