The Latin word paragraphus it became a paragraph, a term of habitual use in the field of grammar . It's about the different fragments of a text , which can be recognized by its capital letter at the beginning and by the point and apart that marks its end.
A paragraph can consist of one or more prayers . Each of them is separated from the other through a period and followed. Prayers, in turn, are sets of words that make up a unity of meaning. If we continue to shred the elements, we can also affirm that words are created from the combination of letters .
A certain number of paragraphs can lead to a story , a novel , a newspaper article , a letter or other types of message. For example: "Professor, I did not understand the paragraph where the author mentions the theory of evolution", "In the fourth paragraph of the note, the journalist makes a serious mistake in confusing the murderer with his brother", "Three paragraphs of four lines reached the governor to explain the reasons for his resignation".
Within a paragraph, different kinds of sentences can be identified according to their hierarchy or their function . The main sentence it is the one that marks the meaning of the paragraph and on which other sentences, qualified as high schools . The paragraph in question is understood even if the secondary sentences are missing; not so if the absent is the main sentence.
In the main sentence it is not always explicitly shown; This means that sometimes it is not written in the paragraph, but we must deduce it. Similarly, the explicit sentence does not necessarily appear at the beginning, but can be placed anywhere in the paragraph.
One of the main features of the paragraph is the coherence that their parts must have: there must be a thread between their sentences, a central theme around which the messages revolve, so that the paragraph is clearly identified as a logical unit and with enough content to be understood by the reader. When in a paragraph you want to talk about a subject or object present in a previous section of the text, it is necessary to resort to some element of the language that allows to establish the connection and indicate where the information is apparently missing
There are several types of paragraph, which can be classified according to more than one criterion . In broad strokes, we find the following:
* narrative : also called chronological and it contains a series of statements that must be accepted without the need to prove their validity. It is widely used when the author wants to expose events ordered in the weather , what happens in a story or a story, for example;
* descriptive : it focuses on the use of sensory images to communicate to the reader the qualities of the subjects, objects and events that are part of the text;
* argumentative : serves to communicate or refute opinions with the aim of convincing the recipient about an idea, to refute the opposite or to deter him from a particular behavior. This type of paragraph is very useful for developing a theme around which a current discussion revolves;
* expository : is intended to provide more information about a topic. Its extension usually depends on the complexity of the concept that you want to develop;
* relative : presents a series of ideas so that each reader can make their own interpretation. It is often used in scientific essays with the aim of arousing controversy and exchanging ideas;
* enumeration : This paragraph class presents a list of situations, starting with the most important and continuing in descending hierarchy.