The Strawberry is a fruit which, according to the region , also known as strawberry or Strawberry . It is the edible fruit of the plants of the genus Fragaria .
Strawberries make up all the infrutescences : the fruits that are formed from the union of numerous small fruits which, when brought together, acquire the appearance of unity . In these cases, many flowers of the infrutescence jointly develop the structure that, although it seems a single fruit, is actually many fruits together.
It is important to mention that there are different types of strawberries. The wild strawberry (Fragaria vesca) that grows in forests It is not usually the fruit that is marketed worldwide. Commercial crops generally develop with the Fragaria × ananassa.
It is estimated that 100 grams of strawberries provide about 30 kcal, so their caloric intake is reduced. This fruit, on the other hand, has a good amount of flavonoids and of vitamin C , generating different benefits to organism . Strawberries have laxative, diuretic and detoxifying properties.
There are many reasons why you should eat strawberry with a certain frequency, beyond its attractive flavor and the visual impact it provides to any dessert that includes it. Given its many Benefits For our health, listed below, almost everyone can and should eat strawberry often, except for those who suffer from kidney failure or diarrhea:
* It has anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, thanks to its salicylic acid content;
* It contains the phytonutrients necessary to fight the effects of free radicals, which are the source of some kinds of cancer;
* in case of rheumatic diseases, the strawberry helps to diminish the inflammation ;
* As it gives us a high content of water and fiber, it is ideal to prevent constipation;
* strengthen our defenses with a considerable contribution of vitamin C, something that is enhanced if the strawberry is ripe. In the face of respiratory diseases and colds, it is a good resource for prevention and cure;
* The vitamin C of the strawberry also serves to prevent anemia , since it helps fix the iron;
* it gives us a good amount of vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps in the fight against premature aging of our body;
* diabetes is not an impediment to eating strawberry, given its low glycemic index;
* promotes the drag of cholesterol in the blood by the action of lecithin, pectin and fiber, in addition to favoring the decrease in bad cholesterol;
* It has a purifying effect on the blood ;
* Thanks to its diuretic action, it collaborates with the dissolution of the salts that are generated when there is an excess of uric acid, one of the consequences of gout;
* It is very effective against intestinal bleeding and circulation problems;
* crushing some strawberry leaves and applying them on a wound produces very good results in the process of healing ;
* Its bacterial properties serve to protect our teeth from decay and bad breath. For this it is recommended to consume it in the form of juice;
* Applying compresses with the pulp of the strawberry makes it possible to clean the skin of impurities.
There are multiple ways to eat strawberries. It is possible to eat fresh strawberries , accompanied with sugar , orange juice or chantilly cream (chantillí). They are also used in the preparation of desserts, cakes, cakes (cakes), ice cream and candies.
Beyond its delicious flavor that captivates millions of people, the to Rome A strawberry is also much appreciated. That is why this fruit usually inspires the development of aromatic products They perfume with their fragrance.
It should be noted that the term strawberry can also be used to refer to a worm (the trichina ) and one disease parasitic produced by this nematode (the trichinosis ).