Sacrament It is a concept that comes from Latin sacramentum. In the field of religion Christian, certain sacrament is called rituals that allow divine action in the human being. A sacrament, in this sense, is a sensitive sign of the grace of god .
The sacraments are administered by bishops or presbyters. The first sacrament a person receives is the baptism , which allows him to get rid of original sin and be the daughter of God . Let's look at this and other Christian sacraments in detail, below:
* baptism : gives the human being the possibility of being born in the life of God, makes him heir to heaven, adopted son of Jesus Christ, and grants him the forgiveness of all the sins he commits (beginning, of course, for the Original sin , which is considered inherent to our species and inherited from Adam and Eve), in addition to incorporating it into the Church and opening the doors to the priesthood of Christ;
* confirmation : This sacrament serves to strengthen the divine life, to convert the followers of Christ into their soldiers. It is a way of raising baptismal grace through an accentuation of union with God , of a more committed approach to Christ. Confirmation adjusts the link that is between Christians and the Church, making them essential components of their mission. In addition, it helps them bear witness to their faith through the acts that accompany the word;
* Eucharist : it is the most common and frequent sacrament among believers, since it is part of the celebration of the mass. His main goal is to remind Christians of the sacrifice Jesus made for them, to save them from living in sin. Through the transubstantiation of wine and bread in his blood and body, Jesus is present every day to increase union with his faithful, forgive venial sins, protect them from the grave and strengthen the unity of the Church as an institution to through the bonds of charity that exist between Him and the communicants;
* reconciliation : it is also known by the name of penance and it is the sacrament that returns the divine life to those who have lost it because of having committed a sin . To achieve it, it is necessary to confess individually with a priest, leaving aside pride and acting with sincerity and trust. Reconciliation gives Christians the possibility of recovering divine grace, forgives them of eternal grief, comforts them and gives them inner peace, in addition to strengthening their spirits to become better people, less susceptible to sin;
* Anointing of the Sick : through this sacrament it is possible to unite the sick with the Passion of Christ to help them overcome their moments of greatest suffering , comfort them and give them peace to endure them, forgive them for their sins if they have not had the opportunity to confess and prepare them for the passage to eternal life.
He sacred order , which allows a man Become a priest, is also a Christian sacrament, although limited to men. Women, therefore, cannot receive this sacrament.
In Argentina , a sacrament is called a bill (bun) whose dough It has lard and is usually covered with sugar. The sacraments usually open in the middle to make ham and cheese sandwiches.
Sacramento is also the name of various regions and administrative divisions, such as the city American of Sacrament (capital of California ) and the Uruguayan town of Sacramento Colony .
For having its headquarters in Sacrament (California ), there are several sports teams that carry this name in their denomination: Sacramento Kings (set of the NBA ), Sacramento Mountain Lions (soccer American ) and others.